U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Community » Newbie corner » undefined reference errors when building (Linking has failed)
Re: undefined reference errors when building [message #48898 is a reply to message #48883] Mon, 23 October 2017 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Y ++ is currently offline  Y ++
Messages: 12
Registered: June 2017
Promising Member
Quote:
If you have MS Visual Studio 20xx installed (it works with 2017 just as nice as with 2015 on my PC)

Ok, I leave it as it is (2015) This answered the question 3. Thanks rafiwui.

Quote:
try using U++ for Windows without toolchain downloads and not the U++ for Windows with MinGW-w64 toolchain. That should work then.

Just tried (upp-win-11405) It does not show any build method too. I tried filling manually the "build methods" panel. The documentation https://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$GettingStarted$en-us.html#5_3 is not very helpful and this post https:// www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=46601& ; is confusing to me. I re-tried what it is said with the U++ without toolchain and I get this error:
o:\progs\upp\uppsrc\core\Core.h (45): fatal error C1189: #error :  This version of U++ REQUIRES C++11

May I ask a screenshot of a working MSC (x64) configuration ?

Quote:
you may not have installed VS on your system hard disk

Yes it can't. (disk space usage)

Quote:
I had to give U++ the paths manually.

That would partially answer the question 2. How to do it ? TheIDE documentation is not verbose on this. I unsuccessfully tried many paths. I need help on this if we can't figure why MinGWx64 doesn't work here.

Quote:
it seems that Include files are included, but compiler does not find Library files.

I trust you and I can't figure out how you see this. Is it because of the .o files ?

Quote:
Have you set all folders as indicated?

There isn't much error to do here as there are only two folder. I checked twice (more in fact). Can you confirm that it's anormal MinGWx64 cannot compile it as it's an example included in U++? And, should I take care about the All static/Shared libs/All shared settings in the "build methods" panel ?


U++ version 11390 (64bits)(GCC)(C++11) on win8.1 64bits intel x64
 
Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: u++ in appveyor ?
Next Topic: Link Libraries
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 28 23:56:04 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.69241 seconds