U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » MediaPlayer is out
Re: MediaPlayer is out [message #30495 is a reply to message #30489] Wed, 05 January 2011 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Messages: 3461
Registered: August 2008
Senior Veteran
Hello Honza

This post is about MediaPlayer. If you want to do other things please open a new post.

I do not understand you: I informed many months ago about this project and its advance. I released it a couple of weeks ago and now, voilą, you release a package to do almost the same.

One week ago we chatted in ICQ about it and I opened the package to you, to do a join effort. Now you break your word and do it by yourself without any previous comment. For me it is dishonest, it is a backstab.

It is true anybody can take, lets say, all U++ project and open tomorrow a new project in Sourceforge, a new web page, change a few things including the name and logo, and begin a new project. It is legal. The license permits it. It is called fork. But if there is no previous provocation and if the original project has been fair and all project contributors have had opportunities proportional to their effort, to open a fork is not fair.

For sure I am of the old school. But if U++ project acts this way I do not want to be here.


Best regards
IƱaki
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sound device access system based on PortAudio
Next Topic: U++ development: Two philosophies
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 05 16:04:45 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13924 seconds